buy on amazon read an excerpt

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Looking Forward

I'm in a post-vacation, it's-always-raining-around-here, lull. I need some things to look forward to, so I came up with a list of 13. And you should be looking forward to next week's Thursday 13, where I interview a fellow author, Denise Robins, of IT HAPPENS IN THREES. Man, does she know how to write a steamy scene!



1. I'm looking forward to being the featured speaker and author at the UVA bookclub here in Richmond next Monday. I hope I represent!

2. I'm looking forward to a long weekend and an extra day off of work for Memorial Day.

3. I'm looking forward to going to Virginia Beach on said Memorial Day weekend for some R&R and to see for sure if we'd like to move there.

4. I'm looking forward to the BF completing his training (he was laid off, and I'm so proud of him for pushing forward and getting this new training!) so we can move to Virginia Beach if we like it.

5. I'm looking forward to the paint supplies being taken out of the kitchen. We just tore down wallpaper (evil, evil stuff) and painted. A few touch-ups, and I get my kitchen back.

6. I'm looking forward to a housing rebound, right around the time we put our house up for sale, so we can move. :)

7. I'm looking forward to a visit from my mom soon. I hope she can talk my dad into giving up a golf day so he'll come with her.

8. I'm looking forward to the gnomes that will come and remove the wallpaper from the other two rooms. (They exist, right?)

9. I'm looking forward to Janet Evanovich's Finger Lickin' 15, coming out in June.

10. I'm looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie in July.

11. I'm looking forward to summer. I love summer.

12. I'm looking forward to our next trip. We're thinking of a cruise (since we sell them) - maybe to the Mexican Riviera? I'm hoping the H1N1 virus will be a non-issue by then.

13. I'm looking forward to selling more books. I always get a happy, warm fuzzy when I see someone has bought one!


Home of the new Thursday 13

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner. I'm with ya on the long weekend thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! My first Thursday 13...so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could write a book related to your travels. Something set on a cruise boat. I'm in the mystery mood because I just caught Presumed Innocent. The first time I saw it I could not figure out who done it. I love a surprise twist ending.

    I miss the sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the Harry Potter movie, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do fine at the book club. Just smile a lot.

    Lots going on over there, it seems. Want to trade lives? I'm teetering on the edge of being bored, and that's always dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also looking forward to the next HP movie - have fun with the bookclub appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the time when I can say I'm looking forward to # 13 :D. Happy Thursday and I hope your looking forwards all work out. Especially those gnomes. ;)

    Thursday 13 - edition 7
    101 Things About Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to a housing rebound too. Mine has been on the market for three years now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to Janet Evanovich's Finger Lickin' 15 too. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hoping for those gnomes to appear for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to your gnomes heading over to our place when you're done with them so they can fix the shed collapsing in our back yard. Good luck with all your upcoming changes.

    ReplyDelete

Have you bought your copy of "The List" yet? Will you buy one if I beg? Pleeeeeeeze?